The Dos and Don'ts After Your Business Floods
There’s never a convenient time for flooding to strike your business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give SERVPRO of North Everett/Lake Stevens/Monroe a call at 360-243-8313 and we’ll be there fast with the help you need. But until help arrives, keep these tips in mind as you move about your flooded building.
Safety Tips: Keep these questions in mind as you assess the damage to your business property.
- Is it safe to stay in the building?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be very heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and desktop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use vacuums to remove water.
- Don't use electrical appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
SERVPRO of North Everett/Lake Stevens/Monroe has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial flooding or water damage emergencies. Whether your water emergency occurs in a small office building or a big box store, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
Give us a call today at 360-243-8313 and we'll help make your flooding damage "Like it never even happened."