Dos and Don'ts After Mold
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of North Everett/ Lake Stevens/ Monroe has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Everett/ Lake Stevens/ Monroe for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of North Everett/ Lake Stevens/ Monroe has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation. Give us a call at 360-243-8313 to start the Mold Mitigation Process.